Revision: October 2006 2006 Maxima
CLUTCH FLUID PFP:00017
Air Bleeding Procedure
Do not use a vacuum assist or any other type of power bleeder on this system. Use of a vacuum assist or
power bleeder will not purge all the air from the system.
? Bleed air according to the following procedure.
? Carefully monitor fluid level at reservoir tank during bleeding operation.
? When bleeding the air from the clutch fluid, first bleed the air from the operating cylinder air bleed valve
and then from the bleed connector air bleed valve.
1. Top off reservoir with new recommended brake fluid. Refer to MA-9, "
RECOMMENDED FLUIDS AND
2. Connect a transparent vinyl tube and container to the air bleeder
valve on the clutch operating cylinder.
3. Fully depress the clutch pedal several times.
4. With clutch pedal depressed, open the bleeder valve to release air.
5. Close the bleeder valve.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 until clear brake fluid comes out of the air bleeder valve.
7. Perform steps 1 through 6 for bleeding air from the air bleeder
valve on the bleed connector.
Air bleeder valve : 5.9 ? 9.8 N·m (0.6 ? 1.0 kg-m, 52 ? 87 in-lb)