CLUTCH RELEASE MECHANISM
Revision: October 2006 2006 Maxima
CLUTCH RELEASE MECHANISM PFP:30502
Removal and Installation
When installing the holder spring pay attention to the direction of the bearing retainer.
1. Remove manual transaxle from vehicle. Refer to MT-16, "Removal and Installation" .
2. Move withdrawal lever enough to remove release bearing from input shaft, then remove release bearing
from withdrawal lever.
3. Remove withdrawal lever snap spring.
4. Pull out withdrawal lever and remove dust cover.
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
? Replace the release bearing if it is seized, damaged, faulty in
rotation direction, or has poor aligning function.
? Replace the withdrawal lever if its contact surface is worn abnor-
? Replace the dust seal if it is deformed or cracked.
1. Snap spring 2. Release bearing non-separate type 3. Holder spring
4. Withdrawal lever 5. Dust cover