Revision: October 2006 2006 Maxima
CLUTCH PIPING PFP:30650
Removal and Installation
1. Remove fuel filter mounting bracket.
2. Remove air cleaner and air duct. Refer to EM-14, "
3. Drain the brake fluid from the hydraulic clutch system.
Do not to splash brake fluid on painted areas; it may cause
paint damage. If brake fluid is splashed on painted areas,
wash it away with water immediately.
4. Remove flare nut using a flare nut wrench.
5. Remove clutch hose and clutch tube.
1. When installing clutch hose to bracket, face lock plate in the cor-
rect direction as shown to secure clutch hose.
Install clutch hose without twisting or bending it.
2. Tighten flare nut to the specification, using a flare nut wrench.
Be careful not to damage flare nut and clutch tube.
3. Install clutch hose to operating cylinder, and tighten the union bolt to the specification.
4. After installation, bleed the air from the clutch hydraulic system.
Refer to CL-7, "
Air Bleeding Procedure" .
Flare nut : 15 ? 18 N·m (1.5 ? 1.8 kg-m, 11 ? 13 ft-lb)
Clutch hose union bolt : 17 ? 20 N·m (1.7 ? 2.0 kg-m, 12 ? 14 ft-lb)