Revision: October 2006 2006 Maxima
OPERATING CYLINDER PFP:30620
Removal and Installation
1. Drain brake fluid from hydraulic clutch system.
Do not to splash brake fluid on painted areas; it may cause paint damage. If brake fluid is splashed
on painted areas, wash it away with water immediately.
2. Remove union bolt and clutch hose from operating cylinder.
3. Remove operating cylinder mounting bolts, and remove cylinder
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
? Install the clutch hose without twisting it.
? The copper washers of the union bolt cannot be reused. Always use new copper washers when
installing the clutch hose.
? After installation, bleed the air from the clutch hydraulic system. Refer to CL-7, "Air Bleeding Pro-
1. Cylinder body 2. Piston spring 3. Piston cup
4. Piston 5. Push rod 6. Dust cover
7. Air bleeder 8. Union bolt 9. Copper washers
10. Clutch hose