WATER INLET AND THERMOSTAT ASSEMBLY
Revision: 2005 August 2006 350Z
WATER INLET AND THERMOSTAT ASSEMBLY PFP:21200
Removal and Installation NBS00023
1. Remove undercover with power tool.
2. Drain engine coolant from radiator drain plug at the bottom of radiator, and from water drain plug at the
front of cylinder block. Refer to CO-10, "
Changing Engine Coolant" and CO-23, "WATER PUMP" .
? Perform this step when engine is cold.
? Do not spill engine coolant on drive belts.
3. Remove air duct and air cleaner case. Refer to EM-16, "
AIR CLEANER AND AIR DUCT" .
4. Remove water drain plug on water pump side of cylinder block.
5. Disconnect radiator hose (lower) and oil cooler hose from water inlet and thermostat assembly.
6. Remove water inlet and thermostat assembly.
Do not disassemble water inlet and thermostat assembly.
Replace them as a unit, if necessary.
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
1. Check valve seating condition at ordinary room temperatures. It should seat tightly.
1. Water inlet and thermostat assembly 2. Gasket