Revision: 2005 August 2006 350Z
WATER PUMP PFP:21020
Removal and Installation NBS00022
? When removing water pump assembly, be careful not to get engine coolant on drive belt.
? Water pump cannot be disassembled and should be replaced as a unit.
? After installing water pump, connect hose and clamp securely, then check for leaks using radiator
cap tester (commercial service tool) and radiator cap tester adapter [SST: EG17650301 (J33984-
1. Remove undercover with power tool.
2. Remove drive belts. Refer to EM-14, "
DRIVE BELTS" .
3. Drain engine coolant from radiator. Refer to CO-10, "
Changing Engine Coolant" .
? Perform this step when engine is cold.
? Do not spill engine coolant on drive belts.
4. Remove radiator hoses (upper and lower) and cooling fan assembly. Refer to CO-13, "
5. Remove water drain plug (front) on water pump side of cylinder
block to drain engine coolant from engine inside.
6. Remove chain tensioner cover and water pump cover from front timing chain case.
? Use seal cutter [SST: KV10111100 (J37228)] to cut liquid gasket for removal.
7. Remove timing chain tensioner (primary) as follows:
1. Timing chain tensioner (primary) 2. Chain tensioner cover 3. Water pump cover
4. Water pump 5. O- ring 6. Water drain plug (front)