-HEATER & AIR CONDITIONER AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
2005 LEXUS ES330 REPAIR MANUAL (RM1124U)
AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
1. DO NOT HANDLE REFRIGERANT IN AN ENCLOSED
AREA OR NEAR AN OPEN FLAME
2. ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION
3. BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET LIQUID REFRIGERANT IN
YOUR EYES OR ON YOUR SKIN
If liquid refrigerant gets in your eyes or on your skin.
(a) Wash the area with lots of cool water.
Do not rub your eyes or skin.
(b) Apply clean petroleum jelly to the skin.
(c) Go immediately to a physician or hospital for professional
4. NEVER HEAT CONTAINER OR EXPOSE IT TO NAKED
5. BE CAREFUL NOT TO DROP CONTAINER AND NOT
TO APPLY PHYSICAL SHOCKS TO IT
6. DO NOT OPERATE COMPRESSOR WITHOUT
ENOUGH REFRIGERANT IN REFRIGERANT SYSTEM
If there is not enough refrigerant in the refrigerant system oil lu-
brication will be insufficient and compressor burnout may occur,
so take care to avoid this, necessary care should be taken.
7. DO NOT OPEN HIGH PRESSURE MANIFOLD VALVE
WHILE COMPRESSOR IS OPERATING
If the high pressure valves opened, refrigerant flows in the re-
verse direction and could cause the charging cylinder to rup-
ture, so open and close the only low pressure valve.
8. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERCHARGE SYSTEM WITH
If refrigerant is overcharged, it causes problems such as insuffi-
cient cooling, poor fuel economy, engine overheating etc.