Symptoms of P0473 OBD II Trouble Code
- Check Engine Light illuminated
- Lack of power
- Unable to perform manual regeneration ? burn off the soot out of the particulate filter. Looks like a catalytic converter but has temp sensors and pressure sensor probes inserted into it.
- If unable to perform regeneration, eventually may become a crank-no start.
Common Causes of P0473 OBD II Trouble Code
- Open in the ground circuit to the exhaust pressure sensor
- Open in the signal circuit between the exhaust pressure sensor and the PCM
- Short to voltage in the signal circuit to the exhaust pressure sensor
- Exhaust Pressure Sensor faulty ? internally shorted to voltage
- Possibly a powertrain control module (PCM) has failed (highly unlikely)